Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FAQ's

1. When does the silent auction run?


This silent auction will begin Monday, July 5th, 2010, and run through Sunday, July 11th, 2010. Bidding ends on July 11th at 6:00 p.m. EST.

2. Why is my e-mail address going to be visible to others?

When I decided to do an online auction, I couldn’t afford to use eBay or other online auction sites. I want as much money as possible to go to the cause. A team of 3-Day walkers who had done a successful on-line auction were gracious enough to share how they did it. So a silent auction blog is what I’m doing.

Because I’ll need a way to contact you to let you know that you’ve won the auction, this is the only way that will work.

If you are uncomfortable with having your address out for everyone to see, may I suggest that you set up a yahoo or hotmail account?

If you are still not comfortable—please contact me at kahearn@roadrunner.com to discuss a bidding alternative.

3. I’ve looked through your items and I didn’t find anything of interest. However, I love your cause. Can I still donate?

OF COURSE! I’d be happy to accept a donation!

Donations to the 3-Day can be made via check or credit card by going to www.the3day.org/goto/KathiAhearn. Once there, for donations by check, scroll to the bottom of the page to print out a donation form. To make a donation by credit card, click on the Click to donate to Kathi in 2010 button on the upper left side.

Cash donations are not accepted.

4. How did you decide on the starting bid amount?

Starting bids are anywhere from 25 to 30 percent of the estimated value.

5. I see I'm the first bidder. The minimum starting bid is listed. Do I have to start at that price or can I go higher?

Of course! Feel free to bid as high as you'd like. The minimum starting bid is the lowest amount that I'll accept for the item. Should a first bid be lower than the minimum bid amount, that bid will not be accepted and eventually deleted from the comments section.

6. I had the highest bid, but now I see I’ve been outbid. Why wasn’t I notified?

I am unable to notify bidders that they’ve been outbid. Just like a face-to-face silent auction, bidders need to take responsibility to check on their bids to make sure that they are still the high bidder.

7. How much do I need to pay for shipping?

Shipping will be covered by me. However, if you'd like to make a donation for the shipping of your item, I would be happy to accept it. Please contact me at kahearn@roadrunner.com to discuss this donation.

8. How did you come up with the estimated value on the donated items?

The value was determined by cost of materials, time, and market value.

No comments: